Brain

Brain

Thursday 10 September 2015

If I could have been born............

I was born in the early 60's, but if your era was that which provided the images, events and music that shaped you it would have been the tasteless 70's. My last post told of my yearning to be a city boy. This one is about what era I would have grown up in given the choice.

I would love to have been a teenager in the mid to late 60's It was a time when youth found ways to not be their parents. They found new ways to express themselves. They shook off the wartime values of austerity and dull fashions and created their own.

It was a time of change and you could help to make the changes. It wasn't all about profit.

There were many groups of youths with different ideals and fashions. Each one had their own music. What would I be? I Like The Jam, Ska and Two Tone. I enjoy music by the Who. The smart pressed suits appeal to me more than Kaftans and Sandals. The leather and greasy hair definitely don't appeal so I guess I'd be a Mod.

Instead I got Glam. Oh well. Perhaps I can get a Vespa and try to re-live the 60's. Bet it won't be the same though.

No comments:

Post a Comment