Brain

Brain

Tuesday 6 October 2015

Of Shoes and ships and sealing wax, Of cabbages and Kings.


In other words a few stray thoughts loosely bound into todays post.

Yesterday I took delivery of a new smartphone. Setting this up trumps anything else I need to do and requires all my concentration, hence no post yesterday. I now have it as I want it but It bought into sharp relief all the other things that the act of blogging has driven from my mind lately.

Thus this morning I sorted out some issues with my Tablet P.C. Then there was the oil and water in the car which definitely needed doing. Certain personal grooming jobs followed this. More jobs beckon after this which shows how addictive this blogging lark is.

One other thing which I must record before I forget. I visited my dear old mother last week and the staff were feeding her dinner. They were all from the first wave of immigrants into the U.K. Mainly they came from European countries Like Poland, Lithuania etc. and may even be 2nd Generation. Now we face an influx of refugees from Syria. A few years ago we were decrying the uncontrolled immigration from Europe and it is still an issue for me. We only have finite resources.

What amused me was the fact that these nouveau English were watching a news item abut Syrian refugees and were making the same arguments about keeping them out as we did about them. I guess being English is highly contagious.

Having Just thought of another job needing my attention I'd better stop randomly blogging and start thinking about something more witty and wonderful for tomorrow. However I would like to pay my respects to P.C. David Phillips, a police officer killed by a car thief running him down to avoid capture. He had a wife and 2 children. I hope it was worth it for the cowardly thief, David's colleagues will hunt him down.

Also my respects to the victims of the Oregon College shootings. If the shooter did commit suicide he is also a coward, if not the guy who shot him should get a medal. But if I may offer the opinion of a Brit, maybe this love affair between Americans and their guns should end. Too many have died.

No comments:

Post a Comment